We as clinicians have an opportunity to make a huge difference in this world through helping immigrants that are struggling with anxiety, depression, panic disorder, fear etc. Can you imagine being a person in this country that is wondering if you will be taken away from your family at any moment? Although we don’t need to work directly with the immigrant that could be deported, depending on the type of case, we usually meet with their loved ones that will be left behind. The fact is that preparing an immigration psychological evaluation for a client is a privilege. The ability to sit there listening to their story and how this story sets them apart from being a number in a crowd is a very important and humbling experience.
I too was the child of an immigrant that I never met. It’s not easy to grow up abandoned by a parent, especially when it isn’t even their choice to be gone. It still feels like they left you, and that is a hole that needs to be healed.
As a clinician, I have written hundreds of these immigration reports for my clients family members to receive their residency status. The stories I hear from the various countries are so similar. They are scared to go home. There are dangerous conditions they are terrified to go into. There are no jobs there and they won’t be able to provide for themselves or there loves ones any longer. You can’t provide even food for yourself in the country you were born into.
There is a big problem
The problem is that there are more immigrants than I can help. My heart is big for this population. As it affects me in several ways. Through my dad and through what I hope will be my son in law one day, he also is from another country. My desire is to train up clinicians that really care about these clients and what their unique needs are. Without you, they may be gone and unable to be productive members of society.
Why this training
My trainings like me are unique and offer detailed information that can get you on the road with your first client. I hear from client’s that they have had other clinicians prepare reports for them that are unacceptable to the Immigration Department. They may be two paragraphs, or one visit or not including the information that is important for them to include. In other words, they don’t know what they are doing and this is affecting lives in a big way.
This training will
1. Walk you through a simple step by step process to complete an Immigration Psychological Evaluation.
2. Teach you how to treat your client with dignity through the process from the beginning to the end.
3. Offers you simple video’s that show you each form that I have prepared and how they are the base of the Immigration Psychological Evaluation.
4. Provide you with all the forms you need.
5. Teach you how to write a good report that will be accepted by The Immigration Department and or the Judge.
6. Enable you to develop the skills to tease out all the important details that affect that case. These forensic assessment skills are required to complete a comprehensive evaluation.
7. Ensure a greater chance of success for your client to hear the great news, you have been approved.
8. Offer two 15 minute consults for 1 year starting on enroll date.
9. Access to Private Facebook Group to consult about these cases.
You as the clinician really have an opportunity to make a difference in this community. Helping someone on their way to residency status and possibly citizenship status is a job that can’t be taken lightly. Please take this seriously. This training costs less than you will make in your first report, and yet I do this because my heart is to be sure that you write a great report that is approved.
Immigration Psychological Evaluations
- Module 1: Immigration Form
- Module 2: Authorization to Release Confidential Information
- Module 3: Telehealth
- Module 4: Psychological Testing
- Module 5: Immigration Standardized Forms
- Module 6: Immigration Therapy Agreement
- Module 7: Know your client
- Module 8: Mock Psychological Evaluation
- Module 9: Exam
- Module 10: Receive Certificate
Each module has a training video, a workbook and other documentation relevant to the module. All the training materials are provided in a way that you can download and keep.
This training is delivered in a self-paced online format so that you can complete the modules as you need. There is also an opportunity to access me for consultation to ensure that you are able to implement this information into your own practice.
Cost of the Training
This 10-module online training package with all the resources as listed above.
1. Why would I pay for an assessment, I do them all the time?
Because the Immigration Psychological Evaluation is a very different type of report. Basically you need to become both a lawyer and a Private Detective. When you finish you will see that this type of report is not something you could write without in-depth training. Or maybe you could try and write them and the Immigration Attorney will take you off their list of suggested referrals because your report is bounced back.
2. How can I listen to stories of trauma all day?
This is a good question, the fact is that you will hear many compelling stories. It is our job as clinicians to keep our feelings compartmentalized away from their story, otherwise we won’t be effective in our job to notice all the details that are important.
3. How much do I charge for my reports?
I have seen clinicians of all types, charge everything from $350 to $2000 and the report not approved by the Immigration Office. These cases are a calling, yes you will make good money, but please don’t go into this if your compelling needs are the fees you receive.
4. How many different types of cases are there and how will I know how to distinguish between them?
I will walk you through each type of report and offer you suggestions and forms that will help you to prepare all types including VAWA, Visa U, Hardship Waivers.
5. How long does it take you to prepare an Immigration Psychological Evaluation?
It depends on the clinician. There is a learning curve to this. I am able to turn over a report in a week if necessary. I will guide you to some suggestions of how to streamline your process.
6. Why should I take this if you are not offering CEU’s?
I am in the process of applying for my CEU status. You will be informed when I am approved and you can print out your CEU’s if you have passed the tests and received your Certificate.
When purchasing this training program, please be aware that I do not offer a refund due to a change of mind.
Given that this program is delivered electronically I am unable to issue a refund once your log-in details have been issued.